At Dril-Quip®, we have a top-level management commitment to health, safety and environmental sustainability. Dril-Quip and all our subsidiaries are committed to:
- The quality of our products and services
- The health and safety of our employees
- The protection of our environment
- Exceeding customer requirements and expectations
Management fully supports the implementation and ongoing maintenance of Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental (QHSE) Management Systems that define not only their roles and responsibilities, but also those of all members of the workforce·
We will identify and correct any work practices or identified hazards that pose a risk to the quality of our products and services, health and safety of our employees or pollution of the environment. We will evaluate our processes to ensure our protection schemes and work practices minimize these risks.
We will comply with the requirements of our QHSE Management Systems and measure their performance to identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental arena. The findings and recommendations of these evaluations will be used, where possible, to improve the management, effectiveness and performance of these systems.
We will comply with all applicable laws, regulations and industry standards, implement programs and procedures to assure compliance, and seek opportunities beyond regulatory compliance for reducing risk to human health, safety and the environment.
We will periodically evaluate our Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental objectives to ensure they remain aligned with this QHSE policy, and may, based on such evaluation, revise or set new objectives in support of this policy.
We will support active consultation, participation and communication with our employees, suppliers and customers, emphasizing our commitment to the delivery of quality products and services, the health and safety of our employees, and protection of our environment.
Rev E: August 3, 2020
All our major manufacturing facilities are compliant with OHSAS 18001 for occupational health and safety management systems. Copies of our OHSAS 18001 certifications are listed on the QHSE section of our website.
All our major manufacturing facilities are compliant with ISO 14001 for environmental management systems. Copies of our ISO 14001 certifications are on the QHSE section of our website.
What We're Doing
- We regularly track our health and safety performance against industry standards as part of our KPI system and report this data through the organization and up to our board of directors.
- Our senior management teams perform safety walk-throughs of our facilities on a quarterly basis.
- We empower our employees with stop-work authority and an SOS (Safety Observation Suggestions) reporting card system to identify any safety concerns or potential improvements.
- We have dedicated HSE employees in all regions and all our operations hold weekly safety meetings.
- We regularly perform Environmental Site Assessments of our operational practices as part of our environmental systems.
We seek to conserve energy in all our facilities.
How We Are Doing This
- Dril-Quip Houston, our largest facility in the world, participated in an air conditioning tune-up program to reduce electrical load. We also use LED lighting in our Houston facilities.
- We participate in recycling programs throughout our operations worldwide.
- All Dril-Quip manufacturing facilities are certified to the ISO 9001:2015 quality standard.
- We use LEAN and APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) principles to reduce waste in our operations.
- Many of our products are designed to reduce operational and environmental risks for our customers and to reduce the amount of hardware, rig time and personnel needed to deploy equipment.